Intensive Driving Course Form:
How it works
1. You can purchase Intensive lessons in a block booking of 30 hours (the “Intensive Lessons”). Once purchased you are committed to the full number of block hours purchased.
2. 30-hour Intensive Lessons must be taken over a consecutive 2-week period.
3. In order to take our Intensive Lessons, you need:
(a) A UK Provisional Licence;
(b) A Theory Test Pass Certificate; and
(c) A confirmed practical driving test booked.
4. If you are not sure whether to book the 30 hour block course, our fully qualified, and registered DVSA driving instructor will conduct an assessment of your current driver skill level and competency. This personal assessment will take 1 hour and is charged at a fixed fee of £30.00 for manual car or £35 for automatic car.
5. Following your personal assessment, we will state whether you will be more suited to the 30 hour course. It remains your decision to choose 30 hour course.
6. Once you have paid the fee in full for the chosen course, we will work out your Intensive Lessons plan based on your availability and our instructor’s diary. We will then agree a start date and time and email you a copy of the scheduled plan for your records.
7. At the time of booking, you will be provided with the dates and times of the Intensive Lessons. You will be invited to confirm the suitability of the dates. Once confirmed by you, the Intensive Lessons will be booked into your instructor’s diary and you will be committed to those lessons and the dates and times cannot be changed subsequently.
8. Upon booking your intensive lessons, we will allocate you with one of two driving instructors that run Intensive Lessons. As Intensive Lessons are limited in availability, instructors cannot be changed once allocated.
9. Intensive Lessons are purchased in advance and require significant commitment from an instructor, and are therefore non-transferrable.
10. If for any reason you cancel the Intensive Lessons after booking but before beginning the course, you are entitled to a full refund less a 20% administration fee.
11. If for any reason you cancel the Intensive Lessons after the course has begun, only in exceptional circumstances can we offer a refund. Any refund offered will be limited to lessons not taken less the difference between the full price and discounted price of each lesson already taken and less a 20% administration fee.
12. Once we agree and offer you a refund in writing, we will take up to 30 days from our written confirmation to process repayment to you.
Intensive Lesson Cancellations and Lateness
13. You must give at least 48 hours’ prior notice to your instructor if you wish to cancel a lesson. If you fail to give the required notice, you will lose the lesson with no option to reschedule.
14. If you are late, your instructor will wait 10 minutes after the agreed start time of the lesson before cancelling. If you are likely to be late, you must notify your instructor as soon as possible. If you are more than 10 minutes late, the instructor will leave and the lesson will be cancelled. There will be no option to reschedule.
15. If an instructor must cancel a lesson, you will be notified at the earliest opportunity and your instructor will re-schedule the lesson for a date and time suitable to you and the instructor.
16. Your instructor reserves the right to cancel your driving lesson if your instructor knows or reasonably suspects that you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, are otherwise impaired or reasonably
believes your driving is dangerous or illegal and puts you, your instructor or the public at risk. In such circumstances, the cancelled lesson cannot be rescheduled.
17. We reserve the right to cancel your Intensive Lessons if your instructor reasonably believes you are not making progress with Fulham Driving School. In such circumstances, we will refund you the value of any unused lessons purchased, less a 20% administration fee.
18. Your instructor will endeavour to start and finish the lessons on time. However, there may be occasions where the instructor is late or required to cancel or postpone a lesson for reasons outside of their control. In these circumstances you will be notified as soon as possible.
19. Our car hire fees for your driving test is £80 for a manual car and £90 for an automatic car. This price is inclusive of a one-hour driving lesson before your driving test.
20. It is your responsibility to let us know the date, time and test centre location of your driving test.
21. It is also your responsibility to ensure that you bring your provisional licence to the driving test.
22. We reserve our right to refuse your use of our vehicles in a driving test if we, or the instructor, reasonably believe that doing so would place you, your instructor or members of the public in danger.
23. We are not responsible for any tests which are cancelled by the DVSA for any reason. The fee payable to us will not be refunded to you.
24. We will seek to ensure that all cars used for test and lesson purposes are road worthy. However, we cannot be held liable for any faults that occur with the car during your test or any loss arising from that.
25. If your instructor does not feel that you are ready for your test due to your skills or abilities, the instructor will advise you at least two weeks in advance and discuss this with you as appropriate. This
will enable you to change the date of your test to a later date. If you wish to proceed with your test against your instructor’s advice, we may refuse your use of our vehicles.
Accidents and Contraventions
26. Your instructor will advise you of the safest route during lessons. It is for you to drive sensibly and in accordance with the Highway Code and relevant legislation.
27. If you fail to follow your instructor’s advice, we will not be responsible for any penalty charge notices for road traffic contraventions, including but not limited to, penalties and/or fines received for:
a. Stopping in a junction box;
b. Driving above the speed limit; or
c. Failing to stop at a red traffic light; and these will be passed to you when the penalty charge notice is received and relates to a contravention which took place during your driving lesson with us.
28. In the event of a Road Traffic Accident (“RTA”), your instructor has the appropriate insurance. However, you will be responsible for reimbursing us for losses not covered by our insurance including:
a) Any insurance excess payable as a direct result of the RTA;
b) Any loss that our insurers do not cover because of your actions; and
c) Any loss of earnings caused to us as a result of cancelling or rearranging lessons due to the RTA. Any such losses will be limited to cancellations made on the same day.
I confirm I have read these Terms and Conditions and understand that:
☐ I am committing to 30 hours of Intensive Lessons which may not be rescheduled, transferred or refunded (save for exceptional circumstances).
☐ I have completed and passed my theory test and my practical driving test has been booked.
☐ I am able to read a number plate from a distance of:
• 20 metres for vehicles with a new-style number plate; and
• 20.5 metres for vehicles with an old-style number plate.
☐ My Driving Licence Number is:------------ and I confirm that the details on my driving licence including but not limited to the address, are current and up to date. I understand that if I falsely make this declaration, I will not be entitled to any refund should I or my instructor cancel my Intensive Lessons.
Fulham Driving School Ltd
Safe driving for life